The centrepiece of AIDV Canada’s activities is our annual Conference.
THANK YOU to our attendees and speakers for a successful 2021 Canadian Wine and Liquor Law Conference!
We will update this page soon with upcoming AIDV Canada events, the annual AIDV International Conference (scheduled for October 2021, subject to COVID-19), and next year’s AIDV Canada annual conference.
Our 2021 Conference took place on February 25, 2021 (virtually), hosted in Ontario, with a half-day agenda . Our stellar list of speakers reflects the national coverage of the Canadian Chapter, including a focus on legal and policy issues across Canada’s wine producing regions, with an emphasis this year on appellations.
View the Detailed Agenda here.
If you would like to obtain the membership discount, either add a membership to your shopping cart (see options on bottom right) along with the conference ticket or purchase a membership first on this page, then come back and purchase a conference ticket.
ACCREDITATION: For practicing lawyers, the conference is eligible for Continuing Professional Development credits in your province as follows:
“AIDV Canada Conference 2021”
British Columbia: AIDV2021 (3.5 hours)
Ontario and Quebec: self-reporting (3.5 hours)
- provincial policy updates – Québec and British Columbia
- Canadian appellations and wines of origin – regulation and science-based approaches
- case law update – Royal deMaria v. VQA Ontario
- international trade – exporting to the U.S., status of WTO dispute(s), introduction to World Wine Trade Group
- counterfeiting in wine – Maureen Downey of WineFraud.com (San Francisco) discusses best practices for collectors and producers from her 20 years of experience authenticating wine for clients and government entities (including the high profile Rudy Kurniawan case).