The centrepiece of AIDV Canada’s activities is our annual Conference.
Our 2021 Conference takes place on February 25, 2021 (virtually), hosted in Ontario. The half-day agenda begins at 11:30 am EST/8:30 am PST. Our stellar list of speakers reflects the national coverage of the Canadian Chapter, including a focus on legal and policy issues across Canada’s wine producing regions, with an emphasis this year on appellations.
View the Detailed Agenda here.
Registration is available to AIDV Members and Non-Members. Click the box to the right (below on mobile) to purchase.
- AIDV Members: $100 + tax
- Non-Members: $150 + tax
- Students: $50 + tax
If you would like to obtain the membership discount, either add a membership to your shopping cart (see options on bottom right) along with the conference ticket or purchase a membership first on this page, then come back and purchase a conference ticket.
ACCREDITATION: For practicing lawyers, the conference is eligible for Continuing Professional Development credits in your province as follows:
“AIDV Canada Conference 2021”
British Columbia: AIDV2021 (3.5 hours)
Ontario and Quebec: self-reporting (3.5 hours)
Topics will include:
- provincial policy updates – Ontario, Québec and British Columbia
- Canadian appellations and wines of origin – regulation and science-based approaches
- case law update – Royal deMaria v. VQA Ontario
- international trade – exporting to the U.S., status of WTO dispute(s), introduction to World Wine Trade Group
- counterfeiting in wine – Maureen Downey of WineFraud.com (San Francisco) discusses best practices for collectors and producers from her 20 years of experience authenticating wine for clients and government entities (including the high profile Rudy Kurniawan case).