AIDV Canada Autumn 2021 Webinar: Sale & Purchase of a Winery
Join AIDV Canada members Al Hudec of Farris LLP (British Columbia) and Lara Nathans of McCarthy Tétrault LLP (Ontario) as they discuss legal and business issues arising in the context of buying and selling a winery in Canada.
Moderated by Chris Wilson, President, AIDV Canada
DATE: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
TIME: 9:00 am – 10:00 am PDT / 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
COST: $25 plus tax (non-members)
COMPLIMENTARY for members of AIDV Canada and all AIDV International Chapters
REGISTRATION: Please register here or click the button to the right (desktop) or below (mobile)
An access link will be sent to registrants shortly before the webinar.
ACCREDITATION: “AIDV: Sale & Purchase of a Winery”
British Columbia: AIDV2022 (1.0 hours)
Ontario and Quebec: self-reporting (1.0 hours)
- Lessons from recent mega-deals
- What motivates sellers?
- The universe of potential buyers
- Critical due diligence issues including vineyards, leases and grape supply, environmental and land reserve issues, and other regulatory issues
- Preparing for a sale including tax and estate planning, management succession
- The sale process
- Deal points beyond pricing including working capital/inventory adjustments, indemnities, and risk allocation
- Non-competes and other restrictive covenants
Posted September 7, 2021 by Karen